Innovation is embedded in the core of company values, and the need to understand our customers’ needs and requirements is in our DNA. Our aim is to lead the industry by continuously developing our performance and skills. Confidex is working with the key industry consortiums to further develop RFID technology to meet the demands of the new connected world. As an example, Confidex is a member of the RAIN industry alliance whose purpose is to promote various RFID initiatives and to accelerate UHF RFID growth and adoption in business and consumer applications worldwide.
- To date, Confidex UHF RFID tags and labels have been used in many of the harshest industrial environments – including the demanding production conditions in automotive manufacturing, pulp and paper processing, as well as global supply chains.
- Developing such RFID solutions has demanded special domain understanding, RF engineering, ingenious packaging design and materials knowhow. Typically RFID tags have performed poorly near metal and moisture, but Confidex has created unique patent-pending RFID antenna technology, overcoming the limitations caused by the environment.
Innovations in smart ticketing support a growing number of commuters and a variety of services
Contactless ticketing solutions using RFID – while being more robust and secure than traditional paper tickets and magnetic stripe technology – enable smooth passenger flows at mass transportation hubs or events. In addition, commuters benefit from improved product quality and safety of Confidex Smart Ticketing solutions.
- Today’s complex and high volume Smart Ticketing applications require a wide range of capabilities for personalization, ecology, efficiency and security. As a response to these, Confidex Smart Ticketing solutions combine product reliability, versatile customization services, environmentally friendly materials and secure production facilities.
- Contactless smart tickets are a part of a complete system. Confidex smart tickets are certified by system integrators and industry organizations globally and we maintain close relationships with the IC vendors as well as with leading system integrators such as Cubic, Thales, ACS Xerox, VIX, Scheidt & Bachmann and Indra to continuously improve our products.
- We pay special attention to the compliance of our tickets with the existing ticket vending machines (TVMs) at each stage, from designing to manufacturing and delivery. To ensure highest standards of quality, all process steps including inlay manufacturing, converting and personalization are done in-house
Recent innovations and research cooperation with Universities
With Tampere University of Technology (TUT, Finland)
- “TUT is participating in a five-year, Tekes-funded research project titled ‘Printed, energy-Autonomous UniversaL platform for multifunctional wireless sensors and devices’ (PAUL). The project aims to develop a technology platform for printed distributed smart objects that communicate wirelessly and need no external source of energy. PAUL brings together stakeholders representing industry, product integration and ICT, such as Stora Enso, Walki, Picosun, Confidex, Suunto and Digile SHOK.” Read more.
- Confidex Corona™ high temperature tag was a development project together with TUT.
Article Credit – https://www.confidex.com/technology-insights/innovation-at-confidex/